What is Home Care’s Meaning? What Are the Different Types of Home Care?March 8, 2022
Home Care Services Explained
Home care is a type of care provided in the home for people who need assistance with activities of daily living. It can be provided by family members, friends, or professionals. This blog post will answer the question “What is Home Care’s Meaning? What Are the Different Types of Home Care?” available in Illinois for senior citizens.
What is Home Care?
Home care allows our elderly community to live independently and enjoy the lives they’ve built at home. Elderly care services enable older adults to continue living their day-to-day lives as they always have.
Therefore, a little help with those tasks that become challenging with age will make it easier. As life expectancy grows, these residential care services are becoming a necessary part of our communities. Home care services help ensure that our elderly family members continue to thrive throughout their lives.
Home Care Services:
There are several distinct types of Home Care services accessible, each with certain advantages. Home care services can help seniors live more independently in their houses longer. They may also assist caregivers who are fatigued by their duties.
- Personal Care: This home care service includes bathing, dressing, and grooming. It also includes assistance with toileting and incontinence care.
- Homemaker Services: This type of home caregiving task includes laundry, grocery shopping, meal preparation, and light housekeeping. Hence, it can help seniors stay home longer by providing necessary support with everyday tasks.
- Companionship Services: This home care provides companion care for seniors who may be lonely or isolated. Hence, it can provide social interaction and stimulation and help seniors avoid depression and anxiety.
- Respite Care: This version of skilled care provides temporary relief for caregivers who feel overwhelmed or burnt out. Therefore, Home Care of this sort is ideal for caregivers who need a temporary break from their care schedule. It can give caregivers a chance to relax and get support when they need it most.
- Home Health Aide Services*: Home care and home health care is a form of skilled health care that involves specialized registered nursing care. These may include physical and occupational therapy, speech-language therapy, and other medically cared services. Home health nurses give and assist with delivering treatment and therapy ordered by your doctor.
*Home Care Powered by AUAF doesn’t provide Home Health Care Services.
Benefits of Home Care:
There are many benefits of home care, both for seniors and caregivers. Without a doubt, there are many proven benefits of Home Care, and some of them are:
- Seniors can maintain their independence and live in their own homes for longer periods.
- Caregivers can provide much-needed support and assistance with daily activities.
- Home care can provide social interaction and companionship for seniors who may be lonely or isolated.
- Agency caregivers can give a break for family caregivers and provide respite care during times of stress.
- Home care is often more affordable than other forms of long-term care.
If you’re looking for assistance locating home care services for yourself or a loved one, here are some useful links.
- The National Institute on Aging provides information on home care and how to choose the right care for yourself or a loved one.
- The Family Caregiver Alliance offers tips on choosing and working with home care providers, as well as coping with the challenges of caregiving.
- The Administration on Community Living provides information on various support services for caregivers and seniors, including respite care.
- Illinois Department of Aging Senior Helpline: The Senior Help Line provides information on programs and services, links for persons 60 years of age and older, information for caregivers, and more.
- Meals on Wheels America: Meals on Wheels America is the national organization that supports more than 5,000 community-based meal programs nationwide. Their work includes alleviating senior isolation and hunger.
Home Care For the Elderly in Their Own Homes
Home Care Powered by AUAF has been a leading provider of non-medical in-home care services in the Chicagoland area for over 25 years. As a licensed home care agency of the Illinois Department on Aging (IDOA), we abide by the Illinois Community Care Program requirements.
Our professional caregivers live and work in the communities in which we serve. We are just as much a part of your family as you are a part of ours. Just as you have enriched our lives through this service, we hope to enrich yours.
We are committed to serving you and your loved ones when needed.
Our objective at Home Care Powered by AUAF is to help our clients live healthy life and maintain their well-being. To inquire how Home Care Powered by AUAF can assist you or your loved ones, contact us now at 877-869-4401. We are excited to answer any questions you may have and appreciate your comments.
Holiday Fun in the Chicago Area for Seniors
November 28th, 2023
Purchases Seniors Should Take Advantage of for Cyber Monday
November 27th, 2023
Easy Ways to Get Active After the Big Thanksgiving Meal
November 22nd, 2023
Low Sodium Alternatives to Thanksgiving Food
November 21st, 2023
Inspirational Quotes About Aging for Seniors
November 16th, 2023
Zodiac Compatibility in Senior Relationships
November 14th, 2023
Things to Remember on Caregiver Appreciation Day
November 8th, 2023
Best Foods to Eat for Seniors with a Cold
November 9th, 2023
Where Seniors Can Look at Fall Foliage in Chicago
November 7th, 2023
Tips for Seniors Adjusting to Daylight Savings
November 2nd, 2023
Creative Ways to Manage Caregiver Stress
November 1st, 2023
Exercising Safely in the Fall
October 26th, 2023
Call Now! 773.274.9262